This Is How We Do It

In our family, disciplining me, the wife, is done by spanking.

My husband spanks me if I stray from the way of God in some fashion.

If I go astray, my husband has to ensure that this disobedience does not put the whole house in danger. So he will inform me that because of my sin against God, I will be disciplined.

As a next step, I have to reflect on my sin, studying Scripture to make sure I understand what I have done wrong, and then I have to write a confession. This confession is printed, signed, and read to my husband. The confession has to be public too, that is, published on the family blog or website, for example.

Between the sin and the chastening, a day at least passes, so that I have time for the reflection and to write the confession without neglecting my usual chores and duties. It also ensures that I am not spanked in anger.

When my husband finally spanks me, he does it with three slaps on my bare behind with his hand, while I am standing bent over, and am completely undressed.

Between the slaps, I have to answer his questions concerning what I have done, and what was wrong about it, and whether I will do it again. I have to answer his questions according to my sin, my confession and my repentance.

If I do not learn from the first chastening and sin again in the same field, the slaps will be doubled for me.

No comments: