Taking It Way Too Far

I do not read much about CDD online. As a wife, my primary chores are house keeping, and I do not browse the internet when my husband is not there with me.

But today he sent me a link to look at, it was a blog of another lady who wrote about punishment. She wrote about it generally speaking and also in practical detail, and I cried when I read it.

Her attitude was that of an obedient housewife, but the spanking she described was so bad that I cannot see anymore how that kind of treatment can be related to anything she might have done... She says that she deserves it, but to me, the whole procedure looks much more like a power thing, with the goal of humiliating her rather than punishing.

We will all pay for our sins before God one day. The husband's role down here is to remind his wife of what is expected of her, and to discipline her if needed so that he can help her to follow God's word better, but not to take God's punishment out of God's hands, so to speak.

The humiliation lies already in having failed before the husband and God, at least that is what I feel in such situations, and the mere fact that spanking is needed is worst of all, for it convicts me of a failure.

The spanking as such should not be what we fear, but our own weaknesses and failures.

No comments: