Punishment for not listening

We women know how difficult it sometimes is to listen, and not to do as we see fit, but as our husbands do. Don't we all think at times we are the better judges of the situation, when we should know from the Scriptures as well as from experience that we aren't ?

I made this mistake again recently... My husband asked me to do a little chore, and I, thinking it was not exactly a priority, did not get around to it that particular day. The next day, I had already forgotten about it, and so it never got done. Days later he had to remind me again, and I had to admit that indeed, I completely forgot about it, that I did not think it important enough to even make a note about it, quite obviously, so that I would do it the next day and not forget.

As this is not a matter to be taken lightly, as we are to be obedient in the small things just as much as in the great things, so this incident was followed by discipline. As usual, the actual act of disciplining was postponed for a day to give me the chance to ponder and write about my mistake.

We are to listen to our husbands because God says so. Women walk the wrong ways if they follow their own decisions, and lead others astray if they try to lead others, the family or otherwise, and the bible is very plain about all this. Eve was the one who was deceived, not Adam. Of course Adam had his part in the fall too, but Eve's part is what we are concerned with here. She disobeyed, followed her own ideas, and it got her and Adam thrown out of the garden, and all earth needed redemption after her trespass.

So when I had pondered all this and wrote a confession, my husband told me to gt ready for the disciplining. I did and presented myself before him with bare hindquarters so that he could administer three slaps, and as usual he asked in between the slaps what my mistake had been this time, if I understood what was wrong about it, and if I was going to be completely obedient and listen to everything he said, wish or command, and leave it up to him to decide which chores have priority and which can wait.

It is sad to say, but obviously, we women need to be reminded of these things more often than we should think we do... I hope my little post will help you, esteemed female reader, to avoid similar mistakes and thus punishment.

No comments: