Confession Concerning Lying, Yet Again



Psa 51:6 "Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom."

It should not be necessary to write this confession, but it is - I lied again to my husband. Honesty is a difficult thing sometimes, it seems, even though this should not be so.

Sometimes it is difficult to admit to something that is embarrassing or shameful, but that is of course no excuse. Lying is of the devil, and nothing gives me as my husband's wife an excuse to lie to him.

I should have known that lying was much worse than what I did wrong, and we had lots and lots of discussions about lying, about the instances in the bible where it is not portrayed as sin, and why liars are still going to burn in the lake of sulfur.

I ask my Master for forgiveness, repent from my failure yet again, and pray to God for forgiveness, that He may strengthen me to work on the obvious problem I still have in this area.

Of course, punishment was due, after the anger had subsided. When my husband came back from work, after dinner when the atmosphere was somewhat relaxed again, he had me close the curtains in the whole house and then take off all my clothes. I was standing in the living room, had to bend over, and he spanked me with his hand. He did it so hard I started crying with the first slap already. I could hardly answer his questions anymore, but did my best to speak through the tears. His hand left marks on my butt. After the last slap, I dressed again, crying, and with a burning and stinging butt. It lasted for quite a while, as a matter of fact, my butt was still tender the next morning.

It is a bad thing if there is need for punishment, and I am thankful to my beloved husband that he takes the responsibility upon himself to spank me if needed. I am called to be a good help meet and to do my best to assist my Master in his calling, and to be pure and unblemished before God, and a good example to our children and everybody else in the household. I lacked in all three areas, and am truly sorry, and repent.

No comments: